About The Role
The Operations Manager will manage all aspects of C&L inventory, warehouse and workshop repairs functions including, systems integration, stock levels, purchasing, returns, stakeholder engagement and developing a culture of discipline and consistency around stock control. This role is pivotal to our business providing a productive, clean and safe inventory sequence throughout the total store.
A Bit About Us:
Established in 1969, C&L has transformed over more than fifty years from a small Queensland tools business into one of Australia’s leading tools and industrial product suppliers. In December 2020, C&L was acquired by Stealth Global Holdings Limited (ASX code: SGI), a leading Australian Public Listed multinational distribution group. Stealth operates across the end-to-end supply chain, serving customers of all sizes across various industries. At present, we distribute over one million products from 2,500 suppliers to 5,500 business customers and 34,000 retail customers. We’re proud to be a part of this dynamic and growing organisation.
What you’ll be doing
- Overseeing the receipting process, track damaged goods, manage stocktaking, prepare cycle counts, stock adjustments, credit returns, reporting, and ensure product loss prevention.
- Lead stock planning, inventory management and purchasing.
- Review and manage inventory to ensure the right stock is available when customers need it.
- Work closely with the management group regarding inventory ranging requirements.
- Oversee the day-to-day warehouse operations, processing, procedures, and safety.
- Monitor order processing, picking and delivery to ensure customers’ orders are receiving in full and on time.
- Use the extensive data available to drive operational performance and improvement.
- Monitor the performance of the Workshop Tools repair business.
- Planning resourcing requirements, lead times, administration, and safety
- Enhance the overall customer experience.
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Prior experience in either a big box or a high-volume retail environment
- Passion for delivering results that will motivate your team
- The ability to foster strong relationships with team members, peers, customers, leaders, and business stakeholders.
- Experience including rostering, stock management and strategic planning
- Safety leadership, having driven and championed safety initiatives
- Proven experience as inventory and/or warehouse manager or similar position
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
What It’s Like Working at C&L:
At C&L, we value our people and strive to create a workplace that’s enjoyable and rewarding. We’re dedicated to making work interesting and creating roles that you’ll look forward to every day. We believe that diverse teams lead to better outcomes, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
- Competitive Salary and incentives
- A great workplace with a positive team environment – we value our people
- Team events and celebrations – we celebrate our wins and yours too
- Opportunities to grow and develop – a fast-paced environment where you can take the lead