We are currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to become a part of the central Corporate Finance team located in Stirling. This is a newly created role to support not just the immediate team but also the business as a whole. It will provide critical support to the existing team, an opportunity to develop the current responsibilities into broader skills and advancement within a supportive and collaborative team environment, plus to get actively involved in the growth of the business through the wide-ranging responsibilities, activities and projects undertaken by the Corporate Finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for transactional-focused activities as well as key monthly assistance and preparation across both individual entities (Australian and international) as well as at a consolidated level. You will be supported in the completion of your professional qualification and be provided with opportunities to develop corporate-based as well as operational-based experience and skills sets.
You will be responsible for:
- Daily bank entries, balances and reconciliations for Corporate Office across multiple currencies, including subsidiaries and overseas entities.
- Accounts Payable invoice processing and dealing with supplier queries.
- Accounts Receivable invoicing and dealing with customer queries.
- Verifying, processing, and reconciling monthly corporate and directors credit cards.
- Verifying, processing, and reconciling monthly corporate expense reimbursements.
- Assistance with monthly journals and GL reconciliations.
- Assistance in preparation of BAS (VAT in the UK), FBT, Payroll and other statutory tax payments in Australia and the UK.
- Cash flow reporting and forecasting.
- Provide ad-hoc support to other members of the Finance team, including opportunities to learn and take on new responsibilities.
The attributes required are:
- Minimum, commenced or are about to commence qualified accountant path (CA, CPA) with experience (2+ years) within a similar position.
- It is essential that you have strong inter-personal skills, excellent communication and a strong attitude for wanting to learn and develop your profession.
- Importantly being able to work to deadlines, strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office suites skills and able to perform Excel formulas such as VLOOKUP, sum if, index match and etc. Exposure to Power BI would be an advantage.
- This role offers excellent long-term career opportunities across the Group.